8. WE BELIEVE that every born again person has been baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of
Christ, and therefore has the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Ac 1:4,5 (its prediction); 2:1-4.
Today the believer is baptized and sealed at conversion permanently into the body of Christ,
1 Co 12:13; Eph 4:4,5; 1:12-13.
10. WE BELIEVE that every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ has still an old sinful nature which
wars against the spirit. Ro 7 (entire chapter, but especially vs 15-25.) 1 Jn 1:5; 2:2.
9. WE BELIEVE that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and
thereby become the children of God. Jn 3:5,6,11; Ac 16:31; Ro 10:9,10; Jn 1:12; Ga 3:26; 4:4,5;
5. WE BELIEVE that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the the Scripture as a
representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the
ground of His shed blood. 1 Co 15:1-8; 2 Co 5:14-21; Ro 5:1,2; 10:9,10.
7. WE BELIEVE in that "blessed hope," the personal, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Tit 2:13; 1 Th 4:14-18; Jn 14:3; Ac 1:11.
2. WE BELIEVE in one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Old Testament intimates it: Gen 1:1 (with the name God in the plural form), 1:26; 3:22; 11:6,7;
Isa 6:8. New Testament instructs it: Jn 14:16,17; Mt 28:19; 2 Co 13:14.
6. WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven
and in His present life, as our High Priest and Advocate. 1 Co 15; Jn 20:20; Mk 16:19; Lu 24:51;
Ac 1:9-11; 7:55,56; Heb 4:14-16; 9:24; 1 Jn 2:1,2.
11. WE BELIEVE in the security of all born again souls and that every saved person is called into a
life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices. Jn 3:16,36; Jn 4:14; 5:24; 6:35;
10:27-29; Phil 1:6; 1 Jn 2:15-17; 1 Co 6:19-20; 2 Co 6:14-18.
13. WE BELIEVE the only ordinances of the Church are Baptism and the Lord's Supper, to be
administered to all who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Baptism - Mt 3:15-17; 28:19-20; Mk 16:16; Ac 2:38,41; 8:36-40.
The Lord's Supper - Act 2:42,46; 20:7, 1 Co 11:20-34.
12. WE BELIEVE in the bodily resurrection of the just, and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of
the saved, and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost. Job 19:25-27; 1 Co 15:51-58;
2 Co 3:9-15; Rev 10:11-15; Ro 14:9-12.
14. WE BELIEVE in the sacredness of the Lord's Day in commemoration of the glorious resurrection
of our Lord Jesus Christ, to rest from common work and to serve/worship our Master.
Mt 28:1; Jn 20:19,22; Ac 2:1-4; 20:6-7; 1 Co 16:2; Rev 1:10; Heb 10:25.
We have found the 1963 edition of the Baptist Faith and Message to be the best summary of our beliefs.
The Baptist Faith and Message (1963 version) http://www.baptiststart.com/print/1963_baptist_faith_message.html
1. WE BELIEVE in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as verbally inspired of
God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority
in faith and life. 2Pe 1:20; Eze 1:3; Jer 13:1; Ex 14:1,15,26; 16:4; Lev 1:1; 1Co 14:37;
1Th 2:13; 1Jn 5:10; 2Pe 3:2; 2Ti 3:16
3. WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin
Mary, and is true God and true man. Jn 1:1-3,14; Heb 1:8; Jn 20:28 teach He was God
and became man. Divine Worship: Heb 1:6; Phil 2:10. Human birth: Ga 4:4; Mt 1:18;
2:12; Lu 1:30-38; 2:1-20; Ge 3:15. As a man He became: weary, Jn 4:6, thirsty, Jn 4:7,
and He wept, Jn 11:35.
4. WE BELIEVE that man was created in the image of God: that he sinned and incurred not
only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that
all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who have
reached moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word, and deed.
Man made in God's image - Ge 1:26; 9:6. Image - shadow or figure outline.
Likeness denotes the resemblance of that shadow to the figure.
Not necessarily physical likeness.
Man fell from innocence - Ge 3; Ro 5:12-19; 1Ti 2:14; Ge 6:5; 8:21; Psa 14; Ro 3:10-23.